Hart’s Location Town Services
Hart’s Location has been an incorporated town since 1795.
NEW Interactive Online GIS Maps for Hart’s Location
For the most current version of the maps, click to view the new interactive map. A new and amazing experience.
The town has it’s own municipal government, including a board of selectmen, planning board, school board, town clerk/tax collector, moderator treasurer, supervisors of the checklist, fire warden and deputy fire warden, zoning board of adjustment, etc. The town has a modest town hall and one town road, Burke Road. US Route 302, the primary corridor through the town, is a state maintained highway, all other roads within Hart’s Location are privately owned.
There is no other municipal infrastructure. Some municipal services are outsourced to local communities, such as fire and rescue services from Bartlett and police services from the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department.
Annual Reports – click to view .pdf files
Students are tuitioned to schools in neighboring towns by the school board, The Josiah Bartlett Elementary and Middle School for grades K-8, high school students have attended Kennett High School in Conway, NH and Fryeburg Academy in Fryeburg Maine.
Hart’s Location once had it’s own post office at the Willey House Station site, but now shares the 03812 zipcode and post office in Bartlett Village, NH.
Links to Town Documents …
Click to view .pdf files
- NHDES Model Groundwater Protection Ordinance: Supporting Documentation and Explanatory Notes
- Hart’s Location-Bartlett Multi Jurisdictional Emergency Operations Plan
- Hart’s Location-Bartlett Multi Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Town Tax Maps
- Land Use Ordinances
- Flood Plain Conservation District Ordinance
- Personal Wireless Service Facilities (PWSF)
- Building Permit Application
- NH Residential Energy Code Application
This application needs to be completed for all new residences, additions or renovations.